Monday, December 21, 2009

Life Is A Trip

Life is a trip that no one chooses to take; we are born into it. What we can choose though is how we live the life we are given. Being diagnosed with depression has made my journey a struggle, but it IS worth the fight, it has to be. I have started reading a book called The Tibetan Art of Positive Thinking, and it is teaching me that I can take control of my emotions, and therefore my life. A quote from the book…

“Positive thinking is a skill to be learned and applied daily, in order to create a prosperous and fulfilled life.”

Choosing to be happy may seem impossible; it seems more likely that the events and circumstances in our lives are what make us happy, but this is not the case. The following is a poem I wrote a few years ago…

As I take a look around, most of what I’ve found is people living in strife; as though the last thing that is precious is life. What people don’t understand is we can all help each other succeed; if only we let love replace greed. It’s really not as hard as people think. There is no need to fear it, open up your heart and let love guide your spirit.

Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment