Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tis The Season...

I have a love/hate relationship with the holidays, and I don’t think I’m the only one. I love giving gifts, even though I can’t afford them, and I’m sure my credit card company loves me in return. (A)

Oh and who doesn't love being completely belittled by your extended family? "Oh hey Auntie Elsie! No... I don't go to church, I don't have a boyfriend/husband/children/career/success/etc, and I took 3 xanax just to have a conversation with you." Nothing like family to cure those winter blues! (K)

Another annoying aspect of family get-togethers is answering the same questions over and over and over. Everyone wants to know if you have a job and what it is, or if you’re in school and what you’re studying, etc. (A)

…and they want to know if/when you're getting married and why the last boyfriend didn't work out. Like, you really want me to tell you why my ex was such an asshole and all the misery that accompanied it? Really? Now? (K)

Then my family says that I don’t need a man, I’ll find him when I’m not looking, and I am a strong independent woman… If I had a penny for every time I heard those things, I would be a rich independent woman. (A)

So in these times of holiday peril just know that your dear friends Abbie and Kait will be taking plenty of existential cheap shots straight to the heart as well… Just remember, the more vodka in your drink, the better off you’ll be! (K)

Happy Fuckin Holidays!

Love,
Kait and Abbie

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment